BIRT iHub 2
BIRT iHub 2 is a scalable, world-class platform with a variety of services that deploy, manage, schedule, secure, run and distribute BIRT documents and web pages. The services can be phased in and capacity purchased to support just the services needed. It is available as a Platform-as-a-Service (BIRT OnDemand), can be implemented on premises, or installed in a cloud. The latest release of BIRT iHub 2 provides additional features that include improvements in data access, metadata support, and scripting.
ActuateOne has also achieved VMware Ready™ status, and when used with VMware vSphere, the BIRT iHub 2 can now be deployed in production in a cloud environment with built-in security and role-based access control. This joint solution delivers three unique capabilities to the enterprise:
- Big data support with new Hadoop™ data access connector (via Hive environment) and support for SFDC and DBDC connectors
- Database support for standard RDBMS, adding to previous Postgres support Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and DB2
- Encyclopedia metadata support for IBM DB2 v9.7 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- New administration scripts that make it easier for users to run the various server administration tools, including Squirrel Data Exporter, an Encyclopedia Data Store Administrator, a System Data Store Administrator, and an Encyclopedia Data Store Upgrader
- An efficient and secure approach to using shared infrastructure for servicing applications with high request volume
- A standardized, portable and extensible approach to dynamic workload deployment across multiple clouds
- Agile access to shared infrastructure for workload provisioning
BIRT iHub 2 embeds the Eclipse BIRT Engine and Java APIs. It is compatible with reports developed with any BIRT Designer. It is also compatible with BIRT Studio and supports the viewing services of Interactive Viewer, BIRT Viewer, BIRT 360 and BIRT Data Analyzer.
Trial evaluations are available for OnDemand and as a download which can be installed and configured in less than an hour.